From the starting of 21st century technology and humans are walking hand in hand making progressive approach towards discoveries and inventions that tend to make people's life more plush and entertaining , wide adoption of smartphones and the burgeoning of mobile applications (apps) for almost any human need from entertainment to social connection or productivity can be satisfied by at least one of the two million mobile apps available on app store. In society with high adoption of smartphones, understanding applications (apps) is need of an hour, but still the understanding And usage of such apps depend on the people at a large scale ( age being the most common factor). Applications though have made our lives easier but it also has impacted our lives in a negative way as well though these apps have a very good impact on our lives but we cannot neglect the negative side of them. We need to learn to use them wisely. Social networking apps have build up a constant pressure on the users to be presentable that it's more stressful than being just a source of entertainment leading to the concept of "faking it all" , internet is leading to destroy the inner peace of people, it is now an important component of our lives to make social media more effective post pictures at work to show off etc. shrinking the productivity to do work.
Despite of handing over our mental peace to such things one should try to bring out best in them with the help of "applications" , use them to make themselves a better version of what they were rather than showing off what's not real. Identify the areas where you’re regularly wasting time. Then, select mobile apps or services that directly meet those needs it can be task management, maintaining personal finance , learning something new like a foreign language etc. Now the struggle is to find such apps which can help us to do so , taking advantage of free applications can make everyday life more productive. Answer to that problem is listed below :
1. Headspace - A steady meditation practice can calm the mind leading to broadening the thinking process enhancing productivity ; app for meditation teaches you how to breathe, sleep, meditate, and live mindfully .These guided breathing exercises improve focus even if you’ve never meditated before, it will teach you the essentials of meditation and mindfulness. A balanced And focused mind can easily understand and synchronise the task without distracting. If you are meditating regularly, you will be able to do more work with in the same amount of time .Invest some time into mediation to be active and productive; it will be well worth it. Other apps for meditation includes calm, insight but these apps include in app purchase.
2. Tick tick - A to do list, that make sure your tasks are written down all in one place so you don't forget anything important and by prioritizing tasks, you plan the order in which tasks need to be performed , so that you can tell what needs your immediate attention, and what you can leave until later . TickTick is a powerful to-do list & task management app with seamless cloud synchronization across all your devices. Whether you need to schedule an agenda, make memos, share shopping lists, collaborate in a team, or even develop a new habit, it helps you to get stuff done and task management keeping life on track.
3. Duolingo - Speaking and writing are called productive skills because we use the language to produce a message through speech or written text. Learning foreign languages can play a vivid role in being productive as well. Duolingo mimics the concept of video games in several ways in order to seize attention of its users. It offers more than 5 foreign language to learn for free including Spanish, German ,French etc It combines various methods such as: listening to the pronunciation, reading sentences, and recording voice, forming phrases by speaking words, matching images to the words. If your aim is to achieve real fluency in any foreign language , remember to read, speak, and truly live the language that you're learning this app can do wonders!
4. Wunderlist - Housework, working out, friendships , official work , meeting expectations always seem like a stressful task to do ; to breaking it into a productive process the first step one can take is to make a to-do list. Through this app one can create tasks complete with descriptions and pictures then assign them or mark their progress as they’re being worked on. It is a lifesaver for people who have a lot of tasks to keep track of, or those who may be forgetful of the smaller details. Tasks can be programmed to be repeated or recurring, and every completed task is archived. This is an app that values transparency and record keeping as much as functionality. The constant track of activities can be a great source of motivation as well enhancing the productivity of a person.
5. Expensify - Personal finance is basically management of money and financial decisions , maintaining the expenses or personal finance can be stressful. Keeping track of expenses can help to pinpoint the unnecessary expenditure such situations arise all the time and are usually accompanied by a tedious documentation process. It is a must-have app for tracking and enumerate expenses in real time. When a purchase is made, one simply enters the nature of the purchase, the amount and any other pertinent information. Then, they can take a picture of the receipt with their smartphone. Expenses can then be exported individually or in bulk for processing and reimbursement. This app cuts down on the headaches and pitfalls that come with expense reporting and minimises processing time for quicker reimbursement. Making personal finance easy to maintain
6. Alarmy - The first barrier to productivity is insufficient sleep. Don’t get enough sleep, and your productivity suffers. You’ll have less energy and react slower. You’ll feel less creative and focused, and have difficulty making decisions and solving problems. It is also called "The World's Most Annoying Alarm Clock App",it supports things like math problems that must be solved or violently shaking your phone in order to turn off the alarm. If you're facing trouble in getting out of bed in the mornings, then Alarmy will only switch off a really annoying alarm after you've completed certain tasks resulting in waking you up at any cost.
7. Google keep - Need to remember to pick up some groceries? One can set a location-based reminder to pull up your grocery list right when you get to the store. Need to finish a to-do list ? Set a time-based reminder to make sure you never miss a thing Google keep is not any ordinary to-do list application ,this tool, designed to create quick notes, is perfect for those fantastic ideas that arise at any time or to write down new passwords so as not to be forgotten. It has several advantages, such as adding hashtags, dictating notes on the fly, sorting notes by colour, adding scanned text, and sharing with other users. It is a syncing notepad that connects to Google Drive. It not only have above mentioned features but also photo notes, voice notes, and checklists aswell . It can be the productivity and organizational tool for you.
With smart technology always in our pockets, apps are becoming more and more integrated into everyday lifestyle. And for good reason! The right app in the right hands can drastically improve your ability to get the job done quickly and correctly.one should understand that technology can be a blessing or a bane for productivity depending on how it is utilized. Intencifying potency / productivity with technology is possible when the right tools are utilized. All you need to do is to find where you need a productivity boost in your everyday life and research if there is a tech tool or app readily available for it.